DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (Ref. DCEO/21/1)
The Hong Kong Award for Young People (AYP), formerly known as The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award was established in 1961 as a local registered non-profit organization. The Award is a global framework for non-formal education and learning, which challenges young people to dream big, celebrate their achievements and make a difference in their world.
To further enhance our commitment to high-quality youth programming that meets the needs of the communities we serve, we are now looking for a cause-driven leader of Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
For more information, please visit www.ayp.org.hk.
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) is a highly visible management position that assists the Chief Executive Officer with the development and execution of operational policies for the organization. The DCEO supervises the Youth Development Division and carries out the strategic plan of the organization mission. The DCEO serves as a secondary liaison to the Award Council.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the CEO and Manager – Administration, HR & Finance to develop internal administrative, financial and personnel policies as appropriate.
- Oversees the youth development and camp service operations.
- Creates new or document current systems and procedures as necessary
- Ensures that job responsibilities are clearly communicated and duties delegated appropriately among Division staff.
- Oversees the organization’s grant making programmes and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Ensure organization’s grant making and programme budgets and financial reports are fiscally and administrative sound.
- Identifies new grant sources and prospects for funding partners, and helps develop strategies for organization outreach.
- Works in partnership with Award Operations to ensure that programmatic resources are leveraged for inclusion in organization strategies.
BROAD SUPPORT DUTIES
- Serves as secondary liaison to the Award Council.
- Ensures efficient functioning of Council Committees through oversight of scheduling, agendas, minutes and actions.
- Serves as a bridge between Council Members and staff team.
- Strong supervisory and project management skills and experience.
- Strong analytical, organization and prioritization skills.
- High level of initiative and desire to meet specific goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Superior customer service skills to both internal and external audiences.
- Eagerness to help implement sustainable business practices.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated empathetic disposition and positive attitude.
- Eagerness to work as part of a team, both as a leader and in a supporting capacity, to expand the visibility of the organization.
- A passion for young people and its environment. Knowledge of conservation issues preferred
- Lead the Division to organize and develop youth programmes, enhancing the participants experience and retention, optimizing program enrollment and managing program budgets.
- Direct and supervise campsites services development to meet the needs of the community and fulfill fiscal objectives.
- Assist in the implementation of the programme development plan to facilitate with the long-term development of the Award Scheme
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations and stakeholders.
- Report directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- possess a recognized university degree or above in Business Administration or related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of managerial experience in a sizable NGO or corporation with similar nature
- Commitment to, and a passion for youth development
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through others, whether direct reports or through influence.
- Strategic thinking skills including effective planning, setting goals, monitoring progress, tracking results and making appropriate adjustments to plans based on circumstances and context.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese with Putonghua preferable
Interested parties should send application letter and full CV with expected salary and available reporting date to the Chief Executive Officer by email to email@example.com on or before 30 July 2021. Prospective candidates are requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check.
Candidates not invited for interview 2 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Our website: www.ayp.org.hk